- What is Budget Mobile Lifeline?
Budget Mobile offers eligible customers a FREE mobile phone and 250 FREE minutes of nationwide wireless voice service each month. The 250 FREE minutes each month are for local and domestic Long-Distance calling. Budget Mobile is a Lifeline Assistance program supported by the Universal Service Fund. Lifeline Assistance is only available on one phone line per household. Budget Mobile is available in limited geographic areas and is subject to the Budget Mobile Terms of Service.
- How much does Budget Mobile cost?
Budget Mobile is FREE to eligible customers. Budget Mobile offers a FREE cell phone and 250 FREE minutes of wireless phone service to eligible customers each month. There are no bills, long-term contracts, activation fees, recurring fees, or surcharges for Budget Mobile customers.
- Will I be required to sign a contract?
NO contracts are ever required for Budget Mobile Lifeline. There are no bills, long-term contracts, activation fees, recurring fees, or surcharges for this free cell phone service.
- How do I qualify for Budget Mobile?
Eligibility for Budget Mobile Lifeline program varies by state. You may qualify for Budget Mobile's lifeline phone service if you participate in:
- Low income Home Energy Assistance Program
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Food Stamps
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- National School Lunch
- You may also qualify if your total household income meets government guidelines in your state.
- How can I apply for Budget Mobile?
Sign up here to apply and receive your Free Cell Phone and Free Minutes.
- How long can I have Budget Mobile service?
Once you enroll, you will receive your FREE cell phone service for 12 months. You will need to re-qualify once a year. We will contact you annually to verify that you still qualify for Budget Mobile. However, should your participation in an eligible Lifeline Program cease, you are required to notify Budget PrePay, Inc. within 30 days, to de-enroll from the Lifeline program.
- When will I receive my minutes each month?
When you receive your free cell phone, you will have one year of free cell phone service, should you remain eligible for the Lifeline program, your minutes for the first month will have already been included. Each month you will receive your free minutes, should you remain eligible for the Lifeline program, on your anniversary date of sign-up as long as you have your phone powered on.
- What should I do if I do not receive my minutes in a particular month?
Please contact our customer service department at l 1-888-777-4007 and they will be glad to assist you.
- What should I do if my Budget Mobile phone breaks?
Your free mobile phone comes with a 30 day warranty from the activation date. If you experience equipment malfunction please read our Warranty & Return Policy for instructions.
- Do any restrictions apply?
Yes, only a few restrictions apply:
- Budget Mobile Lifeline Service is only available to individuals who participate in a qualifying government program or are income eligible.
- Only one wireless or landline Lifeline account is allowed per household.
- The address you provide for your phone service must be your place of residence.
- Your Lifeline service must be in the name of the qualified customer and is non-transferable.
- Budget Mobile Lifeline participation is subject to the Budget Mobile Terms and Conditions.
- Does Budget Mobile Support hearing aid compatible phones?
Yes. Budget Mobile supports wireless phones that are Hearing Aid Compatible (HAC).