Income QualificationPersons whose household income is at or below 135% of the national poverty level qualify for Lifeline & LinkUp Credit. This option is only available at a Budget Mobile retail location. The table below provides the maximum income you can have to be eligible for service.
|Number Persons in Household||Annual Income|
|For each additional person, add...||$5,643|
Please note that if you elect to qualify via income, you must provide copies of one or more of the documents listed below. If you provide documentation that does not cover a full year (such as current pay stubs), you must submit three (3) consecutive months of the same type of document within the previous 12 months. The following are examples of documents that are accepted:
- 3 months of consecutive pay stubs
- Last year's income tax return (state, federal or tribal)
- Employer W-2 form
- Social Security benefits statement
- Divorce decree or child support document
- Veterans Administration benefits statement
- Retirement/Pension benefit statement
- Federal or tribal notice letter of participation in Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Unemployment/Workers Compensation benefits statement
In addition, no one in your household can be receiving Lifeline Assistance AND you must have a valid United States Postal Address for us to ship your FREE phone. You must live at a residence that can receive mail from the US Post Office. P.O. Boxes cannot be accepted due to federal regulations.
NOTE: Proof of income qualification not required during annual re-verification of Lifeline eligibility